The workshop registration/cancellation policies have been updated.
The changes are effective for all 2024 workshop registrations.
All information provided on this website is for informational purposes only with no warranty of any kind– neither expressed nor implied. Daniel Faia may post or share content (e.g., images, videos, demonstrations, presentations, interviews, publications, projects, etc...) that can be accessed by public viewers.
· The determination of the suitability of use or application of the content is the sole responsibility of the public viewer.
· The adherence to safety protocols and use of appropriate procedure and caution when working with hand tools, power tools, machines, and related woodworking materials is the sole responsibility of the public viewer.
· Registration is limited to no more than 5 students per workshop.
· Students must be at least 18 years of age.
· Workshops are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Registrations are not confirmed until the registration form and payment (s) have been received and processed.
· Registrations are not transferable.
· The full workshop fee is due at the time of registration for one-day and two-day small group workshops (or two- to four-hour private instruction workshops). A deposit of $395.00 is due at the time of registration for small group workshops scheduled for three or more days (or private instruction workshops scheduled for five or more hours), with the balance due three weeks prior to the workshop start date. Unpaid balances will be considered student cancellations and will result in forfeiture of all previous payments.
· Prospective students should email Dan at email@example.com if they are interested in registering for a workshop. If space is available, Dan will email them a registration form and payment instructions. Dan will tentatively hold the space for two weeks from the date of inquiry to allow prospective students time to mail their registration form and payment. If space is not available, prospective students may request to be placed on the waiting list.
· Credit/Debit cards are not accepted.
Workshops are limited to small groups (no more than 5 students) in order to provide an optimal teaching environment and a personalized learning experience. Students should consider their schedules carefully before committing to and registering for a workshop. The cancellation policy is in place in order to help prevent any disruption to a scheduled workshop due to an individual cancellation.
· If a student cancels a workshop registration, for any reason, at least 60 days prior to the workshop start date, a 75% refund of the paid workshop deposit/fee will be issued.
· If a student cancels a workshop registration, for any reason, 30-59 days prior to the workshop start date, a 50% refund of the paid workshop deposit/fee will be issued.
· No refunds will be issued if a student cancels a workshop registration or is unable to attend a scheduled workshop, for any reason, less than 30 days prior to the workshop start date. However, if a student must cancel a registration due to a significant illness, medical emergency, or death in the family prior to the workshop start date*, a one-time/non-transferable
50% credit of the paid workshop fee may be issued, in good faith, toward a future workshop registration within one year of the original workshop start date. *Partial attendance and/or any other reason (s) for cancellation/nonattendance are not eligible for a credit.
· Students must notify Daniel Faia via email in order to request a cancellation. No other form of cancellation request (e.g., text, social media message) will be granted.
· Applicable refunds/credits will only be issued if/when the original payment has been successfully processed by the associated banking institution (s).
· Once an existing credit is applied to a workshop registration, it is considered “used” and cannot be applied a second time if the student cancels the workshop registration or is unable to attend the workshop (for any reason) for which it was applied.
· Daniel Faia reserves the right to cancel any workshop at any time. If a workshop is cancelled by Daniel Faia, students will be granted a refund** of the paid workshop deposit/fee. **Students who previously cancelled their registration are not eligible for a refund.
· It is the priority of Daniel Faia to promote a safe workspace and teach best practices regarding proper operational procedures.
· It is the responsibility of each student to accept and assume all associated risks, and to understand and follow all safety procedures/ precautions for the use of hand tools, power tools, machines, and materials.
· Appropriate eyewear must be worn in the shop (safety glasses when necessary).
· Appropriate footwear must be worn in the shop (no sandals, flip-flops, or open-toed shoes).
· Please keep long hair secured away from the face and refrain from wearing loose clothing or accessories.
· Any student who is unsure of or uncomfortable with any tool, machine, or procedure must notify Daniel Faia immediately.
· Any student who violates any safety procedure/ precaution will be asked to leave the workshop.
· Students are encouraged to share images of their own work or comments about their workshop experience.
· Please do not share personal information/images of other students or their work without their permission.
· Please do not share proprietary workshop information such as procedures, demonstrations, presentations, patterns, designs, and hand-outs.
· Please be respectful of the privacy and property of others, and always give proper credit when it’s due.
· Alcohol consumption, illegal or recreational drug use, smoking, electronic cigarettes, and vaporizers are strictly prohibited.
· Students who use prescription or over-the-counter medications that could impair their coordination or judgment must notify Daniel Faia so that he can make arrangements to assist them in the safe use of shop equipment.
· Any student who violates this policy will be asked to leave the workshop.