All information provided on this website is for informational purposes only with no warranty of any kind– neither expressed nor implied. Daniel Faia may post or share content (e.g., images, videos, demonstrations, presentations, interviews, publications, projects, etc...) that can be accessed by public viewers.
· The determination of the suitability of use or application of the content is the sole responsibility of the public viewer.
· The adherence to safety protocols and use of appropriate procedure and caution when working with hand tools, power tools, machines, and related woodworking materials is the sole responsibility of the public viewer.
· Registration is limited to no more than 5 students per workshop.
· Students must be at least 18 years of age.
· Workshops are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
· Registrations are not confirmed until payment (s) have been received and processed.
· Registrations are not transferrable.
· The full non-refundable workshop fee is due at the time of registration for one-day and two-day small group workshops (or one-day private instruction workshops). A non-refundable deposit of $395.00 is due at the time of registration for small group workshops scheduled for three to six days (or private instruction workshops scheduled for two to three days), with the non-refundable balance due at least two weeks prior to the workshop start date. Small group workshops scheduled for more than six days (or private instruction workshops scheduled for more than three days) will incur a variable non-refundable fee schedule dependent on the length of the workshop. Unpaid balances will be considered student cancellations and will result in forfeiture of any previous deposits/payments.
· Perspective students should first review all workshop policies, and then email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org if they are interested in registering for a workshop. If space is available, Dan will email them a registration form with additional workshop information and payment instructions. Credit/Debit cards are not accepted.
Students should consider their schedules carefully before committing to and registering for a workshop. The cancellation policy is in place in order to help prevent any disruption to a scheduled workshop due to an individual cancellation. Workshops are limited to small groups (4 or 5 students) in order to provide an optimal teaching environment.
· No refunds are granted if students choose to cancel their workshop registration.
· If a student must cancel a registration because of illness prior to the workshop start date, a one-time non-transferable credit in the amount of the paid workshop fee (less a materials/preparation fee, if applicable) may be issued toward a future workshop within one year of the original workshop start date.
· Daniel Faia reserves the right to cancel any workshop.
· If a workshop is cancelled by Daniel Faia, students will be granted a refund of the paid workshop fee (*students who previously cancelled their registration are not eligible for a refund).
· It is the priority of Daniel Faia to promote a safe workspace and teach best practices regarding proper operational procedures.
· It is the responsibility of each student to accept and assume all associated risks, and to understand and follow all safety procedures/ precautions for the use of hand tools, power tools, machines, and materials.
· Appropriate eyewear must be worn in the shop (safety glasses when necessary).
· Appropriate footwear must be worn in the shop (no sandals, flip-flops, or open-toed shoes).
· Please keep long hair secured away from the face and refrain from wearing loose clothing or accessories.
· Any student who is unsure of or uncomfortable with any tool, machine, or procedure must notify Daniel Faia immediately.
· Any student who violates any safety procedure/ precaution will be asked to leave the workshop.
· Students are encouraged to share images of their own work or comments about their workshop experience.
· Please do not share personal information/images of other students or their work without their permission.
· Please do not share proprietary workshop information such as procedures, demonstrations, presentations, patterns, designs, and hand-outs.
· Please be respectful of the privacy and property of others, and always give proper credit when it’s due.
· Alcohol consumption, illegal or recreational drug use, smoking, electronic cigarettes, and vaporizers are strictly prohibited.
· Students who use prescription or over-the-counter medications that could impair their coordination or judgment must notify Daniel Faia so that he can make arrangements to assist them in the safe use of shop equipment.
· Any student who violates this policy will be asked to leave the workshop.
· Students are asked not to attend a workshop if they are sick.
· Students should refer to state and local guidelines for current Covid-19 recommendations.
· Helpful resources include, but are not limited to: cdc.gov, nh.gov.